01/08/2017 § Leave a comment
Learned of this from watching “Longevity – One Meal a Day” on YouTube. Sadly, Doctor Nagumo’s book isn’t translated into English from Japanese, so I’ve relied on this translation.
Not all of this corresponds with my way of eating, but my way of eating is a work in progress. It’s an improvement over my last way of eating. You know who shares my way of eating? HRH Elizabeth II and her consort Prince Philip the Duke of Edinburgh. They’re in their nineties.
There’s lots of evidence to support caloric restriction, whole foods, reduction or elimination of sugar. I probably will not eat small-sized whole fish unless it’s sardines.
Nagumo Style Diet
- Walking exercise instead of running
- Sleep by 10pm
- A bowl of rice, Miso soup, and one plate of side dish
- Eat Whole
Eat veggies and fruits with peels, roots, and leaves. Eat small-sized whole fish. Eat whole-wheat products. Eggs and beans also have whole nutrients
- No over eating, no over consumption of fats, sugar, and salt
- Only drink when you get thirsty
- Healthful benefits of Burdock Tea
- A rumbling stomach is a sign that the cells in your body are at work!
- One meal a day and you’ll look 20 years younger!
Growth Hormone is at most active between 10pm-2am
Prepare meals in kids size plates. Start with smaller portion from your regular portion. Then when you are ready, start one meal a day diet.
“I am tired of tears and laughter,
And men that laugh and weep
Of what may come hereafter
For men that sow to reap:
I am weary of days and hours,
Blown buds of barren flowers,
Desires and dreams and powers
And everything but sleep.”
― Algernon Charles Swinburne